Julie Cyr – Fresh Horseradish, Celery Mignette for Fresh Oysters Leave a reply
Mignotte, a gorgeous translucent sauce is traditionally made from vinegar, garlic, and salt and pepper. Here, I blend celery and cucumber and add freshly grated horseradish for a more assertive version that’s just as versatile.
1 cup champagne vinegar
1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
½ of cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 small horseradish root, peeled and finely grated
Freshly ground black pepper
Oysters on the half shell, for serving
Prep + Make
- Prep the celery, cucumber, and horseradish
- Wash celery and trim ends. Coarsely chop.
- Wash and peel cucumber. Slice lengthwise, and then coarsely chop.
- Peel horseradish then finely grate for garnish. Set aside.
- Blend the mignotte
- In a blender or food processor, combine the champagne vinegar, celery, and cucumber and blend at medium speed until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer mignotte to small dish and place on ice next to oysters. Serve the horseradish on the side.
Outdoor Line Contributor