Outdoor Line Website Interruption Explanation

Check here for Outdoor Line news, trips, public appearances, website updates, and political news. Club announcements are welcome here! here.Image

Outdoor Line Website Interruption Explanation

Postby Nelly » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:47 pm

:oops:
Yes.... That was quite the goat roping yesterday and also quite literally, entirely all my fault.

When I registered our domain name "theoutdoorline.com" with GoDaddy.com over two years ago, I used my old email address..
Once we got our site up and running I re-directed my old site's traffic to TOL.com and killed my old email address...or so I thought.
Despite the fact that I provided GoDaddy.com with my mailing address and phone number, their only attempts to contact me for renewal were via email to the old dead email address....despite the bouncebacks...

So, yesterday morning I woke up to a GoDaddy.com page where our site should have been and no email access since my only email is through my site which is now down because GoDaddy.com didn't get their twelve bucks... It was back to the stoneage for Nelly...

Needless to say, I spent the better part of the day un-clustering my latest cluster.....

We're now back up and running and shouldn't have this problem again for at least five years!

Sorry about the "service interruption"!!! :P
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Outdoor Line Website Interruption Explanation

Postby Bucket » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Way ta go Nelly! I think you did it just ta see how long it would take to get the rumor mill fired up.
Bucket
Pecker Trout

Postby Nelly » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:47 pm

Definitely.... It was my "New Coke" publicity stunt... Fortunately, my long-suffering partners are becoming immune to my "stunts"...
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Salmonhawk » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:53 am

I'm shaking my head, something I've been doing quite a lot since teaming up with Nelly.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Return to Outdoor Line News and Announcements