Harbor Marine Salmon Tournament!

Check here for Outdoor Line news, trips, public appearances, website updates, and political news. Club announcements are welcome here! here.Image

Harbor Marine Salmon Tournament!

Postby House » Mon May 14, 2012 7:22 am

Get in early for the inaugural Harbor Marine Salmon Tournament!!!http://www.harbormarine.net/tournament.php If you have any questions about this new event, get your answers here!

HMST.jpg
HMST.jpg (35.9 KiB) Viewed 12953 times
House
FYI

Re: Harbor Marine Salmon Derby!

Postby Brandon » Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 am

Total Boat Weight! Love It. Wish there were more of these.
Brandon
Metalhawg

Postby Nelly » Mon May 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Looks like a cool event!
Cash for the first three angling teams and largest individual fish and prizes for the first 25 teams.
If your boat fishes four guys, then it's only $100 per person for a shot at ten large... Sounds like GAME ON to me...! thumbup
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Cut Plug's Bait Boy » Sat May 19, 2012 6:42 pm

TEAM CUT PLUG IS IN THE HOUSE AND READY TO ROCK !!!!!!
Cut Plug's Bait Boy
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Oh, boy...
I was afraid of that!... ;)

It's going to be a complete riot! As if I wasn't looking forward to July enough as it is!!! cheers
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Nelly » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:18 am

Hey Gang!
Don't miss out on this Tourney! Ticket sales end Monday July 23 at 6:00 pm at Harbor Marine in Everett!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Fishin-Celeb » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Something has been brought to my attention from a few friends. It seems that this "Inaugural Event" didn't even get off the ground? Myself and others have found ourselves in a bit of a quandary over it all.

A while back, a few of my fellow celeb buds called Harbor Marine to get the skinny on this event.

Well, since we celebs have been around, we knew better and we called BS. We decided to sit back and watch this unfold and today we look like geniuses as the event canceled due to lack of participants. Hey Nelly, isn't this an event that you were heading up Nelly? If so, why haven't you updated this thread today to tell people that the even has been canceled? Anyway, I digress...

All of us have read the rules, even the fine print, but I have yet to find anywhere that says that the event would cancel due to low turn out. What I did hear however, is that there were some pretty tough teams signed up and my bet is that the "Who's Who of No Names" were about to lay the smack-down on the "modern day internet fishing heros", and someone didn't like that idea. I can't be positive, but that's what I heard.

Hey Nelly, if this was your gig, why didn't you do much to promote it? It seems as if this could have been a great venue if the word had gotten out a bit more. As much as you were out fishing MA9 recently, you could have been handing out fliers while on the water perhaps? rofl

Well, it appears that my buds won't get to take your money at this event, but there will be more soon.

Fishin-Celeb out....
Fishin-Celeb
Pollywog

Postby Omega3 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Are you kidding me? Cancelled? I too was suspect how the event was going to continue with only single digit entries but when I called I was told there was no way it was going to cancel. I cancelled a trip back east for a wedding as I previously committed to the derby. Nelly why did it cancel? I just called Harbor Marine a couple days ago and they said "no way it would cancel". I am "po'd" now I just ruined a weekend, cancelled a trip and spend a lot of money burning fuel pre-fishing. What's going on with these amatuer run events? Smackdown controversy same deal. Besides quality run events such as the Roche, Resurrection and Anacortes I will never spend my time or money entering anything else.
Omega3
Pollywog

Postby Todd Busby Cut Plug » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:15 pm

What's wrong with you complainers? You were forced to per-fish the tournament? I appreciate Harbour Marine gave it a try. I hope they will try it again next year, I will be the second team to sign up as I was this year. I support Harbor Marine because they gave it a good try. Sometimes an event takes a couple of try's to get off the ground.

See ya on the salt chuck! I don't need a tournament to get me out on the water.
Todd Busby Cut Plug
Pollywog

Postby Fishin-Celeb » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Todd Busby Cut Plug wrote:What's wrong with you complainers? You were forced to per-fish the tournament? I appreciate Harbour Marine gave it a try. I hope they will try it again next year, I will be the second team to sign up as I was this year. I support Harbor Marine because they gave it a good try. Sometimes an event takes a couple of try's to get off the ground.

See ya on the salt chuck! I don't need a tournament to get me out on the water.

Plug,

The point being is that this thread is a perfect example. If this event was sooooo important, why hasn't it even been updated on here that the event was canceled? It seems that the amount of care has gone into prepping and promoting has also gone into keeping anglers informed as to the current status of the proposed derby.

Fished many derbies have ya? Had much luck? I'd dare to bet that most of the guys that are celebs do a lot of pre-fishing to gauge the locale of the fish. Regardless of the fact that the fish are migrating, you can still get a grasp for where they are, or aren't. I know many guys that had been pre-fishing this derby and are less than impressed at how all of this is playing out.

Nelly is a big boy, he can speak for himself. I know many guys are still waiting to hear what the heck is going on, rather than hearing about it 2nd and 3rd hand.
Fishin-Celeb
Pollywog

Next

Return to Outdoor Line News and Announcements