Post your Boat

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Post your Boat

Postby LisaMarie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:23 pm

Hey Guys/Girls, post a picture of your boat so I know who I just ticked off on the water. My apologizes in advance I'm a new cracker... It's a 77 Fiberform 21ft Cuddy parked at Bayside Marine. If you see me Say Hello.

Also so it isn't weird... My Forum name... Lisa Marie... Here's the story. We are a single income family so dont have the big income to buy 40-50k boat. I was able to find this boat on craigslist locally. It was mechanically in great shape, a GM 305 with Volovo Stern Drive, has new Mainfolds, new fresh water cooling, bunch of new equipment that a boat this age would need. It did have a crack in the hull. I'm pretty good with fiberglass and was able to fix it and get a great price on it w/ a galvanized double axel trailer. Now the wife was very weary of a "cheap" boat. Thinking it would turn into a big Money Pit. Boating and fishing isnt her thing so you know how that goes. We go to look at the boat. While looking at it there was a large framed out box on the swim platform that the owner used to carry crab pots. He was more into crabbing then fishing. We looked the boat over and it was in really good condition and I was very interested in the boat. After looking it over pretty good, I looked behind the crab pot box bolted to the swim platform. I notice the boat had been named "Lisa Marie". My wifes first and last name is you guessed it Lisa Marie. It wasnt a hard sell.... So far the boat has been as reliable as the wife has been. Anyway my thinking is that using my screen name as the same as the boat name, people here might be able to recognize each other out on the water. So if you see me float over and say hello.

(that is my 15 yr old son who fishes with me.)
LisaMarie
Pecker Trout

Re: Post your Boat

Postby trophymac » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Lets hope Nelly doesn't post his boat, that would take all the memory from this site with none left for the rest of us!!
trophymac
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Ouch! trophymac takes a shot!!!

Hey LM!
Great topic! Tell you what, Everybody who posts a pic of their boat gets an Outdoor Line sticker! Please PM me your address and I will mail you a sticker.

Meanwhile, here's my boat: "Big Red" is a 2009 Stabicraft 829. Stabicraft is a New Zealand-built boat and "829" is 8.29 Meters which equals 27 feet.
She is powered by twin 200 HO Evinrudes and sports Cannon Downriggers and Lowrance Electronics of course!
Big Red's home harbor is Bayside Marine in Everett and if you see us on the water or at the dock, please come over and introduce yourself as a member of the Outdoor Line Forums!

Below you'll see a shot of Big Red at last years Seattle Boat Show when she was just one year old!
Attachments
Big Red.jpg
Big Red.jpg (85.86 KiB) Viewed 9472 times
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Salmonhawk » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:00 pm

My boat is the SalmonHawk. It's a Seaswirl Striper 2901. I love it, with the wide beam and deadrise it's a perfect offshore boat for our rough NW ocean. It's powered by twin Yamaha 250's and a complete Lowrance Electronics package. The more I'm on it the more thankful I am for it.

Salmonhawk.jpg
The SalmonHawk Heading up to the San Juan's
Salmonhawk.jpg (95.75 KiB) Viewed 9465 times

Salmon Hawk - Tobeck.jpg
My wife designed the logo in keeping with my days with the Seahawks. I like the Seahawk Green 61 in the splash!
Salmon Hawk - Tobeck.jpg (110.43 KiB) Viewed 9465 times
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby kurtmiller » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Big Red looks suspiciously close to Cougar Crimson
kurtmiller
Pecker Trout

Postby Robbo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:29 pm

You speak the truth Kurt :D
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Nelly » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Kurt must be another colorblind Cougar!
Big Red is Fire Engine Red baby!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby trophymac » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Man Nelly I think we have a couple of color blind guys on here!! I have seen that bad boy it's one big firetruck!!!
trophymac
Pollywog

Postby LisaMarie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Im thinking that the Red is a tad lighter, but that big ass Silver stripe down the side... I'm just saying...
LisaMarie
Pecker Trout

Postby kurtmiller » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Someone is a bit sensitive :lol:
kurtmiller
Pecker Trout

Next

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion