Sat Aug 6th? Where should I go?

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Sat Aug 6th? Where should I go?

Postby Oysters and Beer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:43 am

Now that area 9 is closed where do you suggest fishing on Sat? I would think that its best to stay as close to the 9 line and fish Jeff Head or Apple Tree/Kingston?
Thanks
Oysters and Beer
Pollywog

Re: Sat Aug 6th? Where should I go?

Postby pcorazao » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:16 am

Checkout what Nelly said at the bottom of this one: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2888
Kayak Angler
pcorazao
Pollywog

Re: Sat Aug 6th? Where should I go?

Postby Nelly » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:46 pm

Oysters and Beer wrote:Now that area 9 is closed where do you suggest fishing on Sat? I would think that its best to stay as close to the 9 line and fish Jeff Head or Apple Tree/Kingston?
Thanks

You could do a lot worse than hugging the A9 & 10 line but keep in mind that you want to fish in areas that salmon are holding and feeding, not necessarily where they are merely passing through.

For that reason, look for bait in the prominent areas you mentioned and use this time to expand your fishing areas!

In other words, view this A9 closure as an opportunity to learn Area 10 and watch the charter boats. Be aware of the tides and pay attention to the direction of charter operators direction and depth contours they are working.

When you see someone catch a fish, do your best to "reverse engineer" their success!
What gear are they using? Flasher? Plugs? Bait?
How deep and how fast were they trolling?

It can be very gratifying to catch a fish in a new area and one of the largest hatchery chinook that I've ever caught in Puget Sound came from Jeff Head in the first weekend of August! spy
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion