Proposal to close coho fishing...

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Proposal to close coho fishing...

Postby Jeff Nance » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:18 am

New proposal to close coho fishing in the Puget Sound....
http://www.king5.com/story/tech/science ... /81673070/ toetap
If you are ever having issues with home financing or know of anyone having troubles with their home loan, please send them my way for an honest and transparent opinion.
Jeff Nance
NMLS# 405731
www.MyFinancePage.com
Jeff Nance
Pecker Trout

Re: Proposal to close coho fishing...

Postby Nelly » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:36 am

There's a lot to react to in this report and I would like to commend Capt Kestling and KING 5 Environmental reporter Alison Morrow for their representation of this issue.

If the co-managers are calling for a zero-fishing option, then that should be a easy number to split. The thing of it is, we need to see a proposal and run it through the model before its even worthy to comment upon. More will come to light at the March 15 NOF meet in Olympia.

This brutally low coho forecast is quickly becoming the central issue of North of Falcon 2016.
However, we must remember that this is just a forecast and the actual numbers could easily be higher.
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby nascarrich60-1 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:42 pm

If my reading of the proposals is accurate, the tribes are exempt! So much for the stewards of the land!
nascarrich60-1
Pollywog

Postby olympic » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:13 pm

They want to severely curtail sportfishing season (we fish with highly selective gear) while the tribes can still use kill nets! I will not believe the tribes are truly sincere in wanting to be good stewards of this resource unless they switch out their kill nets and use seine nets and fish selectively. C'mon tribes, please show us that you honestly really care and switch them out starting this year. I would be the first to step up and applaud you for doing so.
olympic
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion