Bad weather Sunday

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Bad weather Sunday

Postby Piekkola » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:40 pm

With the straights calling for some weather on Sunday. Where would one want to fish up in the islands? We will probably be launching out of Washington park. I know tide point, eagle bluff can always produce but any other help would be nice!!!!
Piekkola
Pollywog

Re: Bad weather Sunday

Postby Nelly » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:57 pm

Yes, naturally since we've got the weekend to fish.....
SAT NIGHT...S WIND 5 TO 15 KT BECOMING E 10 TO 20 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.

SUN...E WIND 15 TO 25 KT BECOMING SW. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.

An east wind is never my favorite. ("When the wind is from the east then the fish will bite the least) but we all know the best time to go fishing is when we can get out there.

That said, an east wind can veer and come south on a falling barometer so I would look at Decatur Bay, Undertakers Reef inside of Thatcher Pass and Lopez Pass to Ram Island may produce as well.

All of those locations will offer some protection from the weather and hopefully a fish or two in the box! Good luck! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Bad weather Sunday

Postby landerfish » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:55 am

Depends on the size of your boat, if you can get across Rosario and want to run a bit spring pass should be a spot to try, pretty protected from EST wind.
landerfish
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion