Bassmaster Classic Live Updates!

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: Bassmaster Classic Live Updates!

Postby Smalma » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:18 am

Nelly -
It is not the strategy per se that leads to KVD's success rather it is his ability to pattern the bass, develop a strategy for the tournament and then make that strategy work that defines his success. Further the development of that strategy is just an expression of those factors that I listed.

In those kinds of situations the importance of mental toughness can not be stressed enough.

Tight lines
Curt
Smalma
Biologist Emeritus

Postby Nelly » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Well said and I completely agree!

What can't be debated is his dominance over the field right now. He really seem to be playing a game with which the other bass pros are not familiar... :D
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Salmonhawk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Curt,

I agree with your assessment. I know guys that are more "fishy" than others but with a good game plan i.e. knowing your water, time of year, conditions, the fish you are targeting, and being able to process all of that info is a big confidence boost when a guy is on the water. Coach Holmgren used to talk about attention to detail and that is as true in fishing as it is in football.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Previous

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion