A question for Forum members:

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: A question for Forum members:

Postby Fishnut » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:10 pm

This is the typical scape goat answer. We have a long ways to go to keep legislators worried. More voter voices sent the better.
Fishnut
Pollywog

Postby Salmonhawk » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Fishnut wrote:This is the typical scape goat answer. We have a long ways to go to keep legislators worried. More voter voices sent the better.

One thing the enviro and other groups have is staying power. They accept small victories (or defeats) and just keep coming. we as recreational anglers ahve to continue to keep the pressure on as well. We can never let the foot off the gas peddle.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby Dan Carney » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:29 am

I am also an NRA member. One thing they provide is a one click link to contact your elected officials on legislative matters. While I'm not proposing that here, I did find a good site for locating and contacting my elected officials:
http://www.leg.wa.gov/
I'm not sure if everyone knows who to contact. Also, a short generic letter that people can forward (or edit) might help sportsmen's voices be heard a little better. What do you think?
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby Salmonhawk » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:27 pm

I know that both CCA and PSA have sent voter voices out to members with a generic letter that can be used and an easy one or two click system. I have also posted that link that you are using. You are on the right track Dan.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby Dan Carney » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:39 am

Salmonhawk wrote:I know that both CCA and PSA have sent voter voices out to members with a generic letter that can be used and an easy one or two click system. I have also posted that link that you are using. You are on the right track Dan.

thanks, I used the outline you posted in the CCA update to contact my representatives.
L8R
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Previous

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion