Springer Seminar at Outdoor Emporium!

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: Springer Seminar at Outdoor Emporium!

Postby BigDave » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Great Seminar, loads of information and I think the odds of a drawing a prize must have been better than 1 in 8. Alas no joy for the ride home. I did come up with a question though. Are there areas where a bank angler can do well besides the two areas mentioned, at the dam and mouth of the Toutle? No boat for me in the foreseeable future, and I hate to miss out on the March Madness... Want to make sure it's worth the price of gas for a long scramble down South.

BigDave
BigDave
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:23 am

Welcome aboard Dave and thanks for coming to the Seminar!
I have seen bank anglers above the I-5 bridge on the Washington side and more importantly, I've seen them actually catch fish ! :shock:

It's a nice, easily sloping gravel bar and if you plunk a spinner or Flatfish I would bet you'll get bit!
If you remember Lee Barkie's presentation, there is also bank opportunity for spring chinook on the Cowlitz, Kalama and Lewis as well.
Good luck and bring a big net! Those springers are pretty chunky this year!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Dan Carney » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:09 am

Nelly wrote:Thanks to all who attended! It was a great turnout and we raised over $1000.00 for FISH Northwest! Thanks also to Outdoor Emporium for sponsoring the event and providing over $1000 worth of prizes!

I was there too. I enjoyed the presentations, but didn't win any door prizes - I guess you had to sit in the front row :lol:
I will head down there in a week or so and give it a try.
L8R
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Previous

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion