Columbia springer run

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Columbia springer run

Postby Dan Carney » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:31 pm

I heard you guys talking on the radio show this morning about going down to fish the springer run. I was curious if you will be using guide boats or taking your own? I have fished around the mouth of the Deschutes, but not the lower river. If you are taking your own boats, is there any interest in arranging an "outdoor line" trip where several of us go down.
I would have to research where to stay but would prefer an RV park, hopefully on the river with a launch.
Any ideas?
L8R
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Re: Columbia springer run

Postby Nelly » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Hey Dan,
I might end up doing a little bit of both! Last year I got down there with Ryan Bennett and we whacked 'em.
I took my own rig several times and did very well.
I think the lower river is going to light up early given the forecast for the Willamette and I'm confident that the ol' "Freeway Hole" at I-5 will be producing as well!
Start looking at access points from Carthlamet to Vancouver and pick a park!!! As this fishery approaches, we'll do our best to dial this fishery in!!!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Reel Deal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:19 am

I will be down there for sure. I will start with some warm up trips in February and be going full tilt from March until they close her down.

RD
Now Booking & Fishing Puget Sound Blackmouth, Also Booking Columbia River Spring Chinook www.reeldealguideservice.com
Reel Deal
Pollywog

Postby Dan Carney » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:43 am

Where do you launch your boat?
Also, any comments on whether the Longview to Cathlamet area, Astoria bridge,or near I-5 is the best?
How about which area gets the most pressure?
I am able to fish mid-week which helps with pressure. I hate dealing with inconsiderate people that have no concept of the rules of navigation.
Thx.
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby Salmonhawk » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:37 am

I had a great time fishing with Reel Deal last year, a day on the water learning how to springer fish with him is money well spent. For some reason I never did get an invite to fish with Nelly on his boat.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion