New Member Introductions

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Todd » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:47 am

Danny, campout time is coming again...same place as last year, minus the broken hand ;)

You in?

Fish on...

Todd
Todd
Pollywog

Postby cobble cruiser » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Todd wrote:Danny, campout time is coming again...same place as last year, minus the broken hand ;)

You in?

Fish on...

Todd

Yeah uh................my bad. :D

I want to go but I started a new job.
cobble cruiser
Pecker Trout

Postby Hottip » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:14 am

My buddy Floyd, my son Tom and I got off to an early start. It was still dark out when we left the marina so once we were clear of the jetty I went down to the cabin to get my 2 Cannon electric downriggers. If you're familiar with the way Cannons mount to the base you know that they slide in and and screw down. Got the first one on and went to do the second one but in the dark I missed one side of the mount. Splash over the side it went. That was bad enough replacement cost about $500 but the rest of the fishing trip I had to listen to 2 clowns looking at the fishfinder and reporting a Cannon downrigger swimming after the boat. It's never been the same so every time we fish that area my son still reports on the downrigger following the boat. :mrgreen:
Hottip
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Welcome to the neighborhood Hottip :ugeek:
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Nelly » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:49 am

Hey 'lip,
I had a similar experience years ago while fishing up in B.C.
While on a friends boat sporting new (at the time which tells you how long ago this was...) long boom downriggers. We were up in Barkley Sound with a group of friends in other boats and I kept ribbing one of my buddies about his 'riggers, calling him "short boom Bruce".

After trolling too close to a kelp bed, I reached out with a boat hook to clear a big mass off of the wire...SNAP!!!

The rigger popped off it's mount and the world went into slow motion as it sunk out of sight. :shock:

My friends nearly fell out of their boats laughing.. "Hey look... it's no-boom Nelly!"

Fortunately, that wise-crack nickname didn't stick much past that trip :lol:
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby parker » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Just signed up. Looks like I'm late to the party, as usual.

No real stories to tell other than one of the funniest days I've ever had on a river was the first time I had the pleasure of fishing with Robbo. Don't think we caught much of anything (about usual), but I do recall the endless stories about the naked young couple going at it on a log along side the river bank, Robbo pointing out the various Sauk River Sodomy Shacks, and stories of Mingo. Not in that order and with no connection to each other (at least, I don't think so).

Robbo's been cracking me up ever since!
parker
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:24 pm

Parker! Wow!
Thanks for joining our little shindig and I look forward to swapping incriminating Robbo reflections with you! :o
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Todd » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:34 am

Rob, I won't share any stories about you...if you promise not to share any about me...or, we just go whole hog and get it all out in the open ;)

Rob and I got to know each other back in college, before he was all famous and chit...that's when all the good stuff happens.

Fish on...

Todd
Todd
Pollywog

Postby Bucket » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 am

Parkers here, time for me ta leave!
Bucket
Pecker Trout

Postby Stonefish » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:23 pm

I see some familiar names here. Just a quick intro to the board.
I enjoy both gear and fly fishing. Targeting silvers off the beaches in MA's 9 and 10 with the bug rod is my favorite local fishery.
Should be a great summer if the million fish forecast holds true.
SF
Stonefish
Pollywog

PreviousNext

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion