New Member Introductions

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Robbo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Did someone forget to take their medicine today :cry:
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:59 am

Salmonhawk wrote:Now that the bus has finally moved on, welcome to the site and thanks for hopping on with us. In my defense, I would have to say that I caught way more fish from shore last year than did Nelly and will do the same again this year. As far as getting back in the sport after awhile away, I know what you mean. Thanks God my son's love fishing so much and reminded me what I like about it as a kid. I can't imagine not fishing now.

Ironically, my kids aren't so much into it as I am. I wish I could make them like to go fishing more than they like their phones:( Where did I go wrong. They do enjoy to get out but just not as much as I remember as a kid. Should I continue to work on them or hold out for grandkids? :)
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Postby Hawgkiller » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Hawgkiller here. I lost a bet and here I am! Yes I'm Glenn from Hawg Quest. I don't do computer chat too much but I thought I would make an exeption for this forum. If you try and ask me something and I don't reply fast enough just nudge Nelly and he'll get me on it. I'm in the field more than in the office so computer fun gets put on hold. We also have a Facebook for those of you that are into it. I do go on it once and a while. Taj is watching it all the time. I have a ton of funny stories but if you watch Hawg Quest you know them already. The best ones I will have to ask for permission to tell on this forum. They are for adults only. That's because we don't want the kids to get bad ideas.....And they are always bad ideas. I'll check in from time to time. Be nice and I'll answer your questions. I'll even tell you the secrets we can't tell on TV. FYI My good friend Dave Hawgili took second at the poker game last night at Three Rivers. I hope he's buying! Way to go Dave!!!! I also just took out our new Wooldridge sled for the first time. It was sweet but it was 29 degrees!!! I had 8 layers and was still cold. We caught on Cutt and spent the rest of the day rock hounding. Found 4 arrowheads!!!!Don't worry, we found them on our friend place and the is perfictly legal! It pays to have the right friends. Got to go clean the boat now! See you on TV!!!
Hawgkiller
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks for joining our little gang here Glenn!
I'm looking forward to seeing your posts and keeping up on your exploits!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby David » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Like the other boards I occasionally check out, I use a clever nickname to hide my true identity. If I didn't, it's possible that I could be confused with the local TV stars or well known Northwest fishing legends on this forum...................or not.

My main target is salmon and the occasional bottom fish, although I have to admit that I have discovered tuna in the last few years and I'm finding it harder to resist that urge than I thought. My favorite fishing story is too embarrasing even for me. I'll see what else I can make up.
Last edited by David on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Pollywog

Postby Wylie Dog » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:37 am

Wylie Dog here, Grew up here in the PNW fishing and hunting, just got back from a one year assignment in South Florida and did alot of fishing there.
I missed the PNW and glad to be back. Now to get the boat & gear ready to for great year of fishing.
Wylie Dog
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:44 am

Welcome aboard Wylie!!!
Thanks for signing up and posting!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Salmonhawk » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Welcome aboard David and Wylie. Hey Wylie, where were you at in Florida?
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby stam » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Hello everyone, My name is stam (steve) I live and work and fish in Washington and I'm a fishaholic, but.. I'm a happy fishaholic and am not seeking any form of treatment. I see names here that I recognize from the cyber-fishing world and I see people that I have fished with in realtime, a trip of a lifetime to Panama with Robbo and Mingo is permanently burned on the eight track of my mind....and I still have a few more tracks to fill, always looking for the next adventure.
Been a lifelong fisherman and am still amazed at some of the places that something as simple as fishing has taken me, from damn near jail, to damn near paradise and all points in between, once I get my photobucket and photoshop working again I will try to put a report with fish and bikinis and bikinis from a recent trip to Honduras/Utila looking for bonefish and permit and stuff. Will look forward to sharing stories (true and lies) with any and all comers.

Good luck to all
stam
model citizen....zero discipline
stam
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Welcome Stamley!!!
I will never forget sharing that room with you & Robbo during great windstorm of "Halibut Quest I"

"Was that the wind or was that Robbo???" :shock:
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

PreviousNext

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion