New Member Introductions

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi all. I'm just a milldle aged guy trying to get back to his hunting and fishing roots.

My story:

I've always hunted and fished. I grew up in San Diego, CA and spent a lot of time with my grandpa on the bay or over the mountains in El Centro, chasing pheasant. Christmas breaks I'd spend with my dad hunting pheasant in the Palouse and summers fly fishing rivers and lakes in Eastern Washington and the ID panhandle. Then, I got busy with life and my hunting and fishing took second place to eveything else. I'd make so many excuses to not get out. Man, my priorities were messed up:) I moved to Seattle in 2002 but it would take me 5 more years before as touched the water with a pole or got my boots muddy. I remember one point, I convinced myself that there were no hunting and fishing opporunities in Western Washington and would dive back over to Spokane if I was doing anything outdoors. Well, then I got broke and was forced to look closer to home:) $ turned out to be one more excuse. A few years back I just got tired of making excuses and bought a hunting and fishing journal and the goal was to fill it up. My motivation was how sad it would be if I died with the journal empty:) It took me several years but I filled the journal with local trips to small lakes with the kids, clamming along the coast and pheasant hunting on the release sites. Listening to the Outdoor line on Sat am has really opened my eyes to all of the many opportunities. Now I think that there are too many opportunities and definetly not enough time and money to do it all but I'll keep tryin:)
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:29 am

Welcome aboard and thanks for listening!
I hear you about the expense of some of the outdoor pursuits and this year we are going to highlight some affordable local "boots" trips which will force Tobeck to talk less about faraway "boat" trips.
Thanks again and we're happy that you joined our forum!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Right on Nelly! You must have heard my eyes rolling when the others begin talking about fishing the Keys or some other far off exotic land:)
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Postby Salmonhawk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Now that the bus has finally moved on, welcome to the site and thanks for hopping on with us. In my defense, I would have to say that I caught way more fish from shore last year than did Nelly and will do the same again this year. As far as getting back in the sport after awhile away, I know what you mean. Thanks God my son's love fishing so much and reminded me what I like about it as a kid. I can't imagine not fishing now.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby J.D. » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:19 pm

What's happening fellas?
J.D.
Pollywog

Postby Sleddddder » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:19 pm

Welcome, Is that you John H?
Sleddddder
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:50 pm

How ya doin JD??? Welcome aboard!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby J.D. » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Sleddddder wrote:Welcome, Is that you John H?

Yep, Randy. Saw a few familiar folks (besides those TJ/Robbo/Tobeck-media jockey types) while looking around and thought I'd sign up.
J.D.
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:58 am

He doesn't speak to media-jockey types Nelly...we're not worthy :D :D :D :D
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Nelly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:06 am

I don't blame him and my feelings are not hurt so just leave me alone you big poophead!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

PreviousNext

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion