Airmar Transducers

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Airmar Transducers

Postby LisaMarie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:02 am

I need a replacment ducer for my old unit (Lowrance LCX-15MT). Anyone know if I can still get the older grey Lowrance connector on a p66 ducer? Also, if I buy a more high performance Airmar Ducer can I send it back in and get a different connector put on it if I upgrade my Sonar Unit?
LisaMarie
Pecker Trout

Re: Airmar Transducers

Postby LisaMarie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:08 am

does Master Marine have transducers for lowrance units? Need one for LCX-15mt
LisaMarie
Pecker Trout

Postby LisaMarie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:40 am

Got the Diodes and power lines to the fish finder and installed an Airmar P66. Hitting the water this afternoon to shake out the setup....
LisaMarie
Pecker Trout

Postby Nelly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:09 am

Good to hear you got the 'ducer!
Let me know how it works for you and good luck on the installation! 8-)
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby LisaMarie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:41 pm

The Airmar Works great on the Lowrance unit. I've been tracking 500+Ft of water at 30kts with it. The P99 seems to be a better TD then the Lowrance Skimmer TD (Both where Dual TD's 50/200khz). The Diode setup is working great as well, when I start my main engine the Unit doesn't reset (power off), then have to find GPS Sats and all the other fun things that happens on Power Up. I'm thinking of making a unit that is someone could easily install in their boat that does the same, anyone interested? I would make it for both Single Battery and Dual Battery setups. Msg me if you are interested in trying one.
LisaMarie
Pecker Trout

Postby Nelly » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey LM,
I'm not 100% clear on what the diode that you're referring to does???
Are you using it to clean up a noisy electrical supply?
In my experience, if you have a sounder/GPS turn off or blink when you start an engine that is dead-bang a voltage drop situation.
Turning over your engine's starter motor is the largest amperage draw on your vessle. However, if your electrical system is set up correctly and the batteries are up to snuff, there should not be a significant voltage drop to your electronics.
Keep in mind that under-volting your electronics is one of the very WORST things you can do.
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Boat Owners Forum