Lowrance Elite-5 DSI

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Lowrance Elite-5 DSI

Postby Dan Carney » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:57 am

I finally got my new FF/GPS installed and out for a test. WOW, I can't say enough about the downscan imaging. I took it out to Lake Cavanaugh yesterday and trolled for some Cuts. I was almost mesmerized by the views of the bottom. Sunken trees and stumps with fish hanging on them. It is very dramatic and a significant improvement over my previous unit. We did catch a couple of Cuts on a Triple teaser. It may be a little early, but we still caught fish. We saw every kind of weather. I can't wait to get this new unit out in the sound and see how it performs. In the shallow water the 800 Khz had the most picture detail, but I was surprised that 455 Khz was also displayed in the 3d sonar format. This is a great unit for the price. I also added a Navionics Hotspot chip. I'm sold and will be back on the water very soon.
L8R
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Re: Lowrance Elite-5 DSI

Postby Salmonhawk » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:24 am

Good to hear you are happy with your new Lowrance unit. I love mine and the more I use it the more impressed I am. Also, good to hear of some fish caught, any pics?
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby Dan Carney » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:31 am

Salmonhawk wrote:Good to hear you are happy with your new Lowrance unit. I love mine and the more I use it the more impressed I am. Also, good to hear of some fish caught, any pics?

No pictures, I got home last night and my neighbor had just gotten a bag of oysters, so we had fresh fish and oysters for dinner last night.
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby Robbo » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:19 pm

I'd have gone with the fresh oysters too Dan :) :)
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to Boat Owners Forum