New power jet impeller

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

New power jet impeller

Postby glen wooldridge » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:35 pm

16 years ago, Outboard Jets (http://outboardjets.com) made a new, larger 7 5/8” power jet (compared to the standard 7 3/8” jet) to work with the growing size and cu. in. of outboard motors. It was a significant improvement for the larger motors at that time; however, motors kept getting more powerful and in some cases the 7 5/8” was no longer sufficient.
I don’t know where this will end up but, I have just tested the next step up and it does a better job with those big motors; it’s a 7 7/8” impeller. The big improvement I saw was on the 250hp 2-stroke with an empty boat. With the 7 5/8” impeller, it would over rev on a hole shot. After installing the 7 7/8” impeller, no over rev on a hole shot. Granted, the boat was empty so it may slip with a load, but it’s much improved over the 7 5/8” size, especially for the 250hp motors, or heavy boats. Here are some numbers. Glen Wooldridge

glen wooldridge
Pollywog

Re: New power jet impeller

Postby Robbo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks for posting those numbers Glen. The 225 Yamaha pump that I owned a little back was a total dog and it would also spin out getting out of the hole. I'm thinking the larger impeller would have probably helped it a bit.

Do you guys have any stats on April's new boat yet? Interested to see the numbers on her new sled with the E-Tec.
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Re: New power jet impeller

Postby glen wooldridge » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:22 am

Hi Rob. Yes, the 7-7/8" impeller would help your older 225hp.

Here are some pictures of April's boat.
April w/ her new boat.

Grant & Danny going over the details w/ April.

April's motor should be here any day. It will be the new graphite color like this 250HO that's going on a boat for bow fishing.
P.S. If you want to check it out, April's boat will be in the Puyallup Sportsman show.
glen wooldridge
Pollywog

Return to Boat Owners Forum