Lowrance NEP-1

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Lowrance NEP-1

Postby Asaltweapon » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 am

All of my lowrance electronics were installed in 2011. I now want to add on to the network. Specifically a new head unit for my lower station. I already have structure scan and all of the Ethernet ports are full. I can purchase a NEP-1 for about $125 or an NEP-2 for about $300. When researching the two I saw a lot of complaints about the NEP's causing interference with VHF radios. Does any one know if Lowrance ever came up with a "fix" for this? I have read that the LSS-1 and the NEP-1 are the basically the same, and I currently have no issues with my VHF. If I go with the NEP-1 am I wasting my money?, or will it work just fine? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dominic
Asaltweapon
Pollywog

Re: Lowrance NEP-1

Postby Nelly » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Welcome aboard Asaltweapon!
Great handle you got there! rofl clap
Is that also the name of your boat?

You're right on track with the similarities between the LSS-1(or Lowrance Structure Scan unit one) and the NEP-1 (or Network Expansion Port-1).

With regard to your boat's Lowrance installation, if you're not currently experiencing interference issues with the LSS-1 then I'm guessing that the NEP-1 will be adequate to your network expansion needs.

Good luck and let me know how things work out! thumbup
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Lowrance NEP-1

Postby icecreamjones » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 am

Having read about the same thing about the NEP-1 I spent the extra 100$ for my piece of mind. I bought the NEP-1 at outdoor returned it and got the NEP-2. I read a lot on the multiple boards regarding issues on it. I didn't want to buy it and then deal with it later. I have had no problems with the NEP-2, but I never did use the NEP-1. I think If you search a little online you can find them for 240$ or less. Their must be some truth to it with the NEP-1. When I called Lowrance they even told me they had issues, but were fixed in the NEP-2. I had a Wooldrige pilothouse being built and I didn't want to deal with any issues and wanted to start off right...

Laterz,

Icj ;)
icecreamjones
Pollywog

Return to Boat Owners Forum