New Fishfinder Q's

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

New Fishfinder Q's

Postby eenakok » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:31 am

While we still haven't decided on which FF/GPS to get, I still have a question. Is the 50/200 tranducer they come with sufficient? If not, what are the recommended tranducers?
eenakok
Pollywog

Re: New Fishfinder Q's

Postby Robbo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:05 pm

The 50/200 that comes with the Lowrance units works great Dave. Prior to picking up a 1KW Airmar transducer that's all I used on my charter boat and it worked great. I got the Airmar because it also smokes the salmon rofl
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby eenakok » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:14 pm

smokes the fish too? man, only if it could catch, clean and fillet, I would be sold :)

Thanks for the information!
eenakok
Pollywog

Postby eenakok » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:28 pm

What are everyones thought on Structure Scan?
eenakok
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Hey E,
Structure Scan is another tool in your box and a powerful tool at that!
The beauty of the Lowarance system is that you dont have to decide to go with SS right away.

The modular design of the Lowrance Ethernet allows you to add Structure Scan, Satellite weather and/or radar anytime you choose thumbup
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby eenakok » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Thank you,
FWIW, we have decided to go with the HDS8 gen2. We got a good deal on it and it will be added to our boat soon! As the boats gets put together, I will take some pictures and add them!

Thank you guys! I appreciate the input!
eenakok
Pollywog

Postby king me » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:31 pm

The Structure Scan is responsible for some serious black mouth in my ice box. It works great for blackmouth because you can scan and pinpoint bait on both sides of the boat. It will tell you the depth and distance where the bait is located. 9 times out of 10 BAIT=BLACKMOUTH. Great tool to have. Nelly is right about the fact that Lowrance makes it possible to piece your system together as you go and it makes it easier for us guys on a budget. I own the HDS10 and that thing is been amazing. Lowrance also has a bunch of seminars and videos on how to use their equipment. John Keizer of Salt Patrol is a great resource too, very nice guy and very helpfull. Robbo and Nelly also answered some questions for me in the past. Great bunch of guys with a lot of knowledge
king me
Pecker Trout

Return to Boat Owners Forum