Lowrance images

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Lowrance images

Postby Dan Carney » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 am

I was out at Thatcher Pass yesterday, marked lots of bait but no fish. We moved over to Strawberry Island and marked the image below. I have been playing with the zoom feature and am becoming a big believer. I knew my unit had this feature when I bought it, but at the Lowrance seminar during the Anacortes derby I got a good feeling for how to make use of it. BTW I dragged everything in my tackle box through these schools but couldn't trigger a bite. I ran into Jay Fields out there and he said they have been kind of like that this year - won't bite until they are ready.
L8R
Dan
IMG_20120709_131928.jpg
IMG_20120709_131928.jpg (255.17 KiB) Viewed 4602 times
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Re: Lowrance images

Postby Nelly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:09 am

Hey Dan, sorry I didn't see this post earlier.... Been fishin a bit myself!
Those don't appear to be chinook to me but rather some mid-water column bait which I would assume to be herring.
In general, herring are found suspended while candlefish are usually seen closer to the bottom.
I hope that helps and once again, sorry for being to tardy to the party! :oops:
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Dan Carney » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:05 pm

I didn't suspect they were chinook, but there seemed to be some bigger marks mixed in with the bait. I thought maybe they might be some sockeye or early coho (or something else) since they were suspended. We were running one line on bottom and one through this bait to see if we could catch something and confirm what was mixed in with the bait.
L8R & thanks.
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby Nelly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:11 pm

Dan Carney wrote: We were running one line on bottom and one through this bait to see if we could catch something and confirm what was mixed in with the bait.
L8R & thanks. Dan

That's the best way to determine what is making a mark on your sounder!!! Go try to catch them!!! spy
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Robbo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:56 pm

They might have been non-biting sockeye or perhaps even big jelly fish Dan. Seem about the right depth to be either of those...just my .02 8-)
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to Boat Owners Forum