Savage Accu Trigger

Use this forum to discuss duck and goose hunting, pheasant and upland bird hunting, big game hunting, firearms, and ammunition.Image

Savage Accu Trigger

Postby onwhiskeycreek » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Stopped by Cabelas today while visiting our daughter in Utah to check out a new moose gun. They had a Bear Hunter that looked really sweet. But when checking out the trigger discovered that if the side of the trigger was pressed against without depressing the trigger safety it made a light snapping sound and then locked up. The rifle bolt then needed to be lifted and closed to unlock the trigger. The question is was this a problem with just this rifle or inherent in accutriggers. Would hate to have a moose and bear gun that locked up if the side of the trigger was bumped.

Gary
onwhiskeycreek
Pollywog

Re: Savage Accu Trigger

Postby Robbo » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:08 pm

I've got two fairly new Savage's with Accu Triggers and neither of them lock up like that Gary. I've been super happy with mine so far. I've got a Bear Hunter in .300 Win Mag and a Model 11/111 in 7mm08 and both are super sweet. The factory muzzle break makes the Bear Hunter a cream puff and the 7-08 is a cream puff anyway. I've read about the problems others have been having with the Accu Trigger and so far mine have performed as advertised.
Montana_2014_web.jpg
Montana_2014_web.jpg (247.43 KiB) Viewed 10427 times

POW_blacktail.jpg
POW_blacktail.jpg (225.74 KiB) Viewed 10427 times

rob_mule_deer_web.jpg
rob_mule_deer_web.jpg (335.42 KiB) Viewed 10427 times

rob_2015_montana6_web.jpg
rob_2015_montana6_web.jpg (180.27 KiB) Viewed 10427 times
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby onwhiskeycreek » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Well you sure can't argue with success. I think I'll take another look at the Bear Hunter, it sure had a lot of nice features. Really liked being able to turn the recoil compensator on and off on a 338. That sure is a sweet 7mm08, what a great Black Tail gun. Thanks for the field test Rob, sometimes the outfitters at Cabelas are lacking field experience on some of the guns they carry.

Gary
onwhiskeycreek
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:00 pm

The .300 is a tack driver Gary. A little heavy to lug around in the field but otherwise a very solid option for longer range shots and it won't break the bank. Very pleased with that rifle!
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to Hunting Camp Forum