Okanogan Mule Deer

Use this forum to discuss duck and goose hunting, pheasant and upland bird hunting, big game hunting, firearms, and ammunition.Image

Okanogan Mule Deer

Postby Robbo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:03 am

After spending a few days in Okanogan County chasing mule deer I would have to say that the WDFW bios nailed it this year. They forecast the highest buck to doe ratio in over 3 decades and they were right...there's a lot of bucks in North Central Washington this year. Mind you a lot of them are sub-legal, but of course we're not here to see sub-legal bucks :D
Here's a few good ones that we came across in our travels. On Saturday night Nelly and I gave a lost hunter a ride back to his camp some 15 miles away. Thankfully we picked him up or it would have been a long, long night for this poor soul. When we arrived at his camp his buddies proudly displayed the two big bucks they had taken that morning.
okanogan_bucks.jpg
okanogan_bucks.jpg (160.13 KiB) Viewed 4668 times

Yesterday morning Capt. Kim McCarthy, whom I fish with in Alaska. jumped a buck that he described as an "absolute monster". When I got back to the wet side last night I recieved this photo of Kim with that monster buck. Deer, and fish, should fear this guy! By the looks of the spread on this buck I'm guesstimating it's around 28 to 30 inches wide. WOW!
kim_mule_deer_web.jpg
kim_mule_deer_web.jpg (48.57 KiB) Viewed 4668 times

I'll try to get some more pics from him when he gets home from deer camp next week. Nice work Kim...as usual!
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Re: Okanogan Mule Deer

Postby SCHANKER » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:12 am

those are some good pics robbo. now we just need nelly to buy some new boots! cheers
SCHANKER
Window Licker

Re: Okanogan Mule Deer

Postby Nelly » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 am

SCHANKER wrote:those are some good pics robbo. now we just need nelly to buy some new boots! cheers

Unbelievable quality deer this year!!! ...

...and yes... those boots left this morning for a return trip back to the factory... 50cal
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Hunting Camp Forum