West Coast Vancouver Island

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

West Coast Vancouver Island

Postby Robbo » Wed May 18, 2011 6:44 am

Spring Fish Report and News Letter 2011

Hello Everyone. We are getting very close to the start of the west coast season and the opening of the new lodge. The renovations are almost complete and the new facility looks incredible. The new rooms are all done with local cedar that was reclaimed from some of the original bridges into Zeballos. I can honestly say these new rooms are beyond what I expected and I can't wait for some of you to enjoy their comforts.

The fish are here! Migratory Salmon are passing by in the usual off shore locations. There are a lot more fish for this time of the year than we typically expect. The majority of these Spring Salmon are 12-18 lbs and are some of the finest table fair around. We got on anchor last weekend for a quick Halibut set before the wind blew up and filled the tub with some great fish in the 40-60lb range. We have been doing lots of prawning in the inlet with success as well.

From everything that we have seen and heard the reports are for a fantastic season. They are expecting some big returns of Chinooks to a lot of the larger river systems. The fishing offshore and down the coast has been very good for the last month. Some of the boats fishing off shore have been hitting numbers they have not had in years for this time. Halibut fishing as always is going to be great as well. We are now hearing that the Halibut season is going to be the same as last year. We should not see any in season closure and we are able to take one a day and have two in possession.

The doors will be opening at the lodge on June 4 this year. I still have a few prime spots I am trying to fill for this summer. For those of you that have been thinking about it, now's the time to book. Give me a call or drop me a line in the next week and I will have a special price for some spots. For what we offer, our prices are very competitive and for those of you that have fished with us previously you know what kind of results we produce.

I look forward to seeing everyone who is already booked for the season, and I hope to here from a few of you soon.

Adrian O'Connor
Reel Obsession Sport Fishing
www.reelobsession.ca
1 888 855 7335
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to Fishing Reports