Lake Chelan Report

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Lake Chelan Report

Postby House » Tue May 17, 2011 2:11 pm

What’s hot is trolling Lake Chelan for Kokanee near Lakeside. Also hot is trolling the dip between the Bar and Sunnybank or trolling the face of Manson Bay for Mackinaw.

The Kokanee bite is as good as it can get in the lower basin of Lake Chelan. The area near Lakeside Park is best. Trolling those Mack’s Lures mini Cha Cha Squidders and Kokanee Pro Wedding Rings rigged behind Mack’s Lures Flash Lites caught loads of 11 inch Kokanee. Bait those presentations with Pautzke’s Fire Corn in Natural and Orange. A 000 or 0000 dodger works well too. Fish 15 to 25 feet down over a 45 to 65 foot bottom.

Troll for Lakers either around the Bar or along the face of Manson Bay. Around the Bar, Mack’s Lures Cha Cha Squidders baited with a strip of Northern Pikeminnow produced well along with Worden’s T4 Flatfish in Purple Glow. Along the face of Manson Bay, U20 flatfish by Worden’s in Luminous Chartreuse or Purple Glow is the order of the day

Your fishing tip of the week is to use subtle alterations in your speed to trigger fish. Let’s use Worden Lures Flatfish as an example. The little F7’s work best at 1mph to 1.2 mph. They spin out and don’t work at all when pulled at speeds over 1.5 mph. U20’s work best at 1.3 to 1.6 mph. The bigger T4 flatfish work best at 1.5 to 1.7 mph. These are small differences that can mean a lot when it comes to the number of bites that you get.

The kid’s tip of the week is to pick your battles, but when you pick one, win every time. It will preserve your sanity and set boundaries for your kid that will help them throughout their life. If that small child commits a transgression for which there is a consequence, that consequence needs to be delivered calmly every time. That way, it’s not your fault for enforcing, it’s that darned rule. Consistency will save you. Those tantrums will dissipate as your kid get’s conditioned to realize it’s just wasted energy. Just do the consequence, process through it and be done. I’ve had grandkids break a rule, see that I saw them do it, pop themselves in the forehead with the heel of their hand and put themselves in time out. You know you have it made then.

Your safety tip of the week is to be aware of the rapid influx of driftwood into Lake Chelan as the Spring runoff hits with full force.

Pictured: 5/14/11 Dick Thaden of Arlington with son-in-law Dave Tripp and grandson Josh Tripp of Marysville with their pile of Chelan Lakers.
chelan1.jpg
chelan1.jpg (111.75 KiB) Viewed 2351 times

Also Pictured: 5/15/11 John Swenson of Chelan with son, Joel and grandkids Troy (6) and Megan (4) with their pile of Chelan Kokanee.
These were both 3 generation trips I get to host. How fortunate I am.
chelan2.jpg
chelan2.jpg (90.04 KiB) Viewed 2351 times

Anton Jones of Darrell & Dad's Family Guide Service
(http://www.darrellanddads.com or 1-866-360-1523)
House
FYI

Return to Fishing Reports