Final day on Marine Area 9: Midchannel & Possession.

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Final day on Marine Area 9: Midchannel & Possession.

Postby Nelly » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Pretty tough for us out there today!

We ran for Possession at first light and did not find much bait on our two passes so,... off for Midchannel bank we ran.
The ebb was slowing down and fixin' to switch so we got one troll from Marrowstone to Wilson and then it was time to ride the flood.
We saw ten other boats hugging Pt. Wilson but nothing much happening. We did release a small wild fish on our second pass and that was that.

On the way back, we ran into Nick Kester who was into a decent fish....with a harbor seal attached! We quickly deployed the Roman Candles and wrist rockets in an attempt to help Nick save the fish for his customers...but no dice...

Looks like the winter season on Admiralty Inlet has gone out with a whimper.... :cry:
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Final day on Marine Area 9: Midchannel & Possession.

Postby Jerm » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Bummer dude.

Sorry you couldn't get rid of the pest. [*] :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jerm
Pecker Trout

Re: Final day on Marine Area 9: Midchannel & Possession.

Postby David » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:51 pm

I managed to find one between PNP and Pilot. There were seals and sea lions up near PNP, but they didn't follow me and I released a smaller wild fish before boating a keeper about an hour after the high tide. Just short of 15 lbs on a Lyman plug. There was a little chatter on the radio and it sounded like a bunch of boats fishing Double Bluff in the morning came up empty.
David
Pollywog

Return to Fishing Reports