North Area 9 and South Area 7!

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

North Area 9 and South Area 7!

Postby Nelly » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:23 pm

With a break in the weather and a killer morning ebb tide, my ol' buddy, former Outdoor Line co-host and Seattle Seahawk Robbie Tobeck and I were chomping at the bit to wet a line!

The 0544 high tide at Port Townsend had Midchannel Bank on our minds so we cut the lines at 0600 at the Port of Everett and kicked the Evinrudes into gear!
IMG_0566 (Small).PNG
IMG_0566 (Small).PNG (304.7 KiB) Viewed 4562 times

After a couple shakers on Midchannel and the storm of earlier in the week in the rear view we decided to run up into the south end of Marine Area 7 for some better action...

And action we found! Here's Robbie Tobeck all smiles after boating a dandy mid-teener chinook!
tobecksticle.jpg
tobecksticle.jpg (95.92 KiB) Viewed 4397 times

We boated another keeper and then Mason Tobeck stepped up and got one almost as big as his dad's!
tobecks.jpg
tobecks.jpg (74.02 KiB) Viewed 4397 times

Back at the Port of Everett we had some cleaning up to do and that keeper in the back looks kind of intimidated next to those big 'uns!
salmons.jpg
salmons.jpg (93.7 KiB) Viewed 4397 times

We've only got the San Juans until Monday but Areas 8.1, 8.2 and 9 are still open for blackmouth business! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: North Area 9 and South Area 7!

Postby Bobberdoggin » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:46 am

Hey Tom,
I’m curious, did any turn out to be a white king? I was in the same area that day and went 1 for 4 on one rod and ended up with a 10lb white king. I’m curious if there were any more in the area.
Bobberdoggin
Pollywog

Re: North Area 9 and South Area 7!

Postby Nelly » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:48 pm

No white chinook in the batch you asked about but they were well fed and had multiple food items in their stomachs.

Daiwa's Bob Maschmedt with his limit of nice blackmouth from this morning. Both of these were red in flesh coloration as well

AnUpbob.jpg
AnUpbob.jpg (135.46 KiB) Viewed 4390 times

We were out in Marine Area 9 today doing a bit of pre-fishing for tomorrows Everett Blackmouth Derby. There sure seems to be more fish around this year than at this time last year cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Fishing Reports