BOUY 10

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

BOUY 10

Postby Duckhunter » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:18 pm

Fished bouy 10 Saturday with no luck. Fished above and below the bridge, first time we had been there that we have been skunked ever. Not sure what was going on but we must have seen 50 Kings jumping/rolling on the surface along with 10 or so sturgeon. We tried herring, spinners, different flashers nothing worked and saw nobody catch a fish all day. Heard it was a little better out at the mouth but it was too rough for us there.
Last edited by Duckhunter on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duckhunter
Pollywog

Re: BUOY 10

Postby Nelly » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:31 pm

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger there Duck,

The opener was very tough for chinook but I heard later in the day was ok and the coho bite on Sunday was decent at least.

The tides were pretty extreme as well so don't feel too bad about the tough outing as many good anglers struggled for chinook on the opener.

Thanks for the report and I know you'll have better luck next time! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Smalma » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Looking at WDFW's creel checks for buoy 10 it looks like the fishing was pretty darn good for August first.

Saturday 87 boats checked with 23 Chinook and 168 coho
Sunday 76 boats checked with 25 Chinook and 134 coho

Those Chinook numbers are down a bit (as measured as fish/boat) from 2014 the coho numbers are off the chart for that early and well above average for the last decade. Not sure what is with all the coho inside this early; in the last decade none of the checks show those kinds of numbers until mid-month.

Curt
Smalma
Biologist Emeritus

Postby Duckhunter » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:44 pm

I saw that creel report too. But the game warden that checked us when we put our boat on the trailer told us he hadn't seen a fish come out of the river yet On Saturday. Maybe we left too early but we just day tripped it from Bonney Lake so we called it at high tide. We fished from 6am- 3pm. We'll try again this weekend.
Duckhunter
Pollywog

Re: BOUY 10

Postby rrenick65 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Most chinook were caught in the afternoons. Boats that hammered it out did well. Saw a handful of fish over 30 and an upriver fish that was 42. Message me if you'd like a little more info. Like nelly said, tides were not favorable for the morning fishery.
rrenick65
Pollywog

Return to Fishing Reports