Steelies are in town

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Steelies are in town

Postby Chef Patrick » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:34 pm

I've been buried with work for a while now. It's been over 2 months since I've had time to get a line in the water. Until this morning that is.
I finally managed to squeeze enough time away from work to drive to .... *sigh* ... one of our west side rivers. I get a bunch of grief if I'm more specific than that.

Anyway, I guess I didn't get too rusty during my sabbatical. I picked up one on my second cast. The other I took about 1/2 an hour later. It was a nice welcome back to my favorite pastime.

Cooked some up for dinner with a tangerine butter sauce. The girlfriend is happy with me right now. :)

I'll write up the recipe & post in the O.L. Bar & Grill is a few days.
Chef Patrick
Pollywog

Re: Steelies are in town

Postby Robbo » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:33 am

Glad to see you got away from work and enjoyed the good fishing on not-so-secret river Patrick. Judging by what we're seeing right now it should be really good after the next high water thumbup
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Re: Steelies are in town

Postby Chef Patrick » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:36 pm

It continues.

Picked up another two this morning at the secret, most well known steelhead spot in our area. As a bonus, when I caught that larger hen, I had my Go Pro strapped to my forehead. I got some fun video I'll be sharing soon.

Chef Patrick
Pollywog

Return to Fishing Reports