2014 Salmon for Soldiers

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

2014 Salmon for Soldiers

Postby Robbo » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:17 pm

Just returned from an outstanding weekend in Everett for the 2014 Salmon for Soldiers fishing event. Tom and I were honored to have Marine veterans Chris and Zack jump on board with us after the radio show yesterday. There were 140 plus boats in the event and approximately 300 veterans registered to fish yesterday. The weigh-in team checked 189 silvers and there were more that didn't make it to the weigh-in station. Two silvers came in at 14.6 pounds and 14.55 pounds.

At the bbq and raffle there were approximately 1,000 people...unbelievable. It was simply an incredible day of fishing with a great bunch of people!

Needlefish Ace Hi Flies behind a Luhr Jensen double UV flasher was the ticket for us. We landed 5 silvers and lost a few more.
group.jpg
group.jpg (170.94 KiB) Viewed 4342 times

We hope to see Chris and Zack back again next year. They blasted over from Spokane to fish in the event. Can't thank them enough for their service!
chris_zack.jpg
chris_zack.jpg (176.85 KiB) Viewed 4342 times

The bulk of the veterans participating in the event were from Washington but I was surprised at how many came from all over the country. We had vets from New York, Louisiana, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa...and I'm sure I'm missing a few more state.

And we were blessed to have 99 year old World War 2 veteran Ken Loan pay us a visit. Totally awesome!
ken_loan.jpg
ken_loan.jpg (141.83 KiB) Viewed 4342 times

If you've got some pics from yesterday please post them up. It was a very busy couple of days for me and I didn't manage to get all that many photos. Thanks to all...what a blast!
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Re: 2014 Salmon for Soldiers

Postby Bucket » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Thanks for what you did/do----great event!
Bucket
Pecker Trout

Postby PAINKILLER » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:01 pm

WOW!!!!!!!! truly an incredible event great job to everyone who participated and helped put it together. Special thanks to TJ and Robbo for saving our day we experience some boat trouble in the morning and were down and out. They stepped up by taking our whole crew out and two Marine's for some great salmon action. TJ and Robbo are true professionals and it was a real treat the fish on that badass boat for the day thanks a lot guys for all you do.
PAINKILLER
Pollywog

Postby Spud » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 am

TJ and Robbo turned it around for us for sure. We had an rockon electrical issue on the Fishtale 2 and when they got word of it, they gave me a quick call and picked our crew up at the docks !

A Class Act that will never be forgotten ! Thank you both !!
Spud
Pollywog

Return to Fishing Reports