Eagle Pt?

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Eagle Pt?

Postby Duck » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Tom, I thought I read you and John M. were heading to the west side of San Juan last Thursday. How was it? We keep waiting for some area 7 good news.
Duck
Pollywog

Re: Eagle Pt?

Postby Nelly » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:36 pm

I wish I had a better report but we hooked two and lost them both.
There were a couple guys that got fish but I think we were a bit early.
We will try again later this month.
It is hard to grind it out up there when you can still bang out a few in A9 thumbup
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Duck » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Area 7 has been absolutely awful. We are at 2 for the season with 6 outings. We canceled 2 days because it's so slow. I've only seen 2 fish netted in other boats. My neighbor's total is one. He's been out 8-9 times. Everyone I talk to is reporting the same. We are discouraged. Guess I'll wait another week. Thanks for the info
Duck
Pollywog

Postby Dan Carney » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:59 am

Area 7 has been pretty good to me this year. I have been fishing the Rosario Straight areas depending on current/tide. My last several outings have looked like this... 1) nothing, 2) Lost large one to seal, banged out 20 and 22 lbers, 3) 13lb fish and [4) my buddy was out yesterday and got a 10lber]. I had a week at Baker Lake in the middle of all that. Area 7 is very tide dependent on where, when and what to fish. Bait has been small, fishing small spoons and flies in a slow troll has been most productive for me and some other friends. I have done best on the small tide changes. This week are some bigger tides and I have some ideas I want to try. I will let you know how it goes.
L8R
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby Duck » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:26 am

The tides might be a big part of my problem. All my days off through the entire summer are on big tide swings. We've been using white lighting coho killer, 3.5 and 3 inch cookies and cream. One fish was caught on an ace high fly. That ace high fly has been our best producer over the years.
Duck
Pollywog

Return to Fishing Reports