Bad To The Rain"Bone"...

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Bad To The Rain"Bone"...

Postby Nelly » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:27 pm

I had the good fortune to run into Jay Buhner over at Canyon River Ranch just south of Ellensburg earlier this week.

We spent the morning running the dogs over a few pheasants and then jumped into the driftboats for a little Yakima River Canyon flyfishing,

Since the wind was blowing we abandoned the dry flies for a little weighted streamer action and Buhner put on a clinic landing this 19 incher...
IMG_6636.jpg
IMG_6636.jpg (36.91 KiB) Viewed 3292 times

...and then followed up with a dandy, fat 18 incher!
IMG_6645.jpg
IMG_6645.jpg (39.75 KiB) Viewed 3292 times

Jay "The Bone" Buhner is one serious fly angler and he will be joining us on Saturday morning to tell all about his Canyon River Ranch experience! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Bad To The Rain"Bone"...

Postby Jeff Nance » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:00 am

We did a cast & blast event yesterday with the guides at Red's. What a great day of fun. We started the morning off doing some trap in the canyon just South of the lodge, took a break and had lunch at the café with some awesome beer cheers , and then finished the day with a 7 mile float down the Yakima. The bite was on in the afternoon, our boat landed just over 20 fish, with the largest around 17". The bite was on with the stonefly pattern. I can't say enough on how fun combining these two events was.
If you are ever having issues with home financing or know of anyone having troubles with their home loan, please send them my way for an honest and transparent opinion.
Jeff Nance
NMLS# 405731
www.MyFinancePage.com
Jeff Nance
Pecker Trout

Return to Fishing Reports