Sportco/Outdoor Emporium Lockbox

Check here for Outdoor Line news, trips, public appearances, website updates, and political news. Club announcements are welcome here! here.Image

Re: Sportco/Outdoor Emporium Lockbox

Postby Nelly » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:29 pm

Hey fellas,
Here's the Press Release from OE about the lock box giveaway last Saturday:

Safe Firearm Storage Giveaway Event:
To encourage safe firearm storage, Outdoor Emporium, Seattle Children’s, Virginia Mason and other community partners are giving away FREE lock boxes and trigger locks Saturday, Feb. 11 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Outdoor Emporium in Seattle (1701 4th Ave. South, Seattle 98134). Come learn about the importance and effectiveness of safe firearm storage, especially for homes with children and teens. You’ll receive hands-on training on how to use a lock box and trigger lock.

No ID required. Supplies are limited. First come, first served. You must be 18 and older and present to receive item. One item per person, 2 items per household. Lines have formed at our previous events so you may want to consider coming early and be prepared to wait in line.

To learn more about safe firearm storage, visit: www.seattlechildrens.org/gunsafety

Thank you event sponsors! Virginia Mason, Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, Public Health - Seattle & King County, Safe Kids Seattle South King, Lok It Up and Outdoor Emporium.
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Bowfinger12000 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Don't ever apologize for bringing up a good question or topic. Keep the posts coming Duckhunter
Bowfinger12000
Pollywog

Postby Duckhunter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:01 pm

I saw the press release Nelly. Exactly a press release. Kinda odd with it happening right when legislation is trying to be pushed thru. You didnt answer my question about the life jacket give away. How would you react? I know you're business is to protect OE/Sportco and Im not saying they support this legislation however IF they are giving these groups an avenue I would have to question that.
Duckhunter
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Hey Duck,
Respectfully, I'm not going to answer any hypothetical or political questions.

That said, know this: I'm a gun owner/hunter/fisherman. I cherish and protect these rights and do no business with those that would infringe upon our Constitutional Second Amendment rights.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled fishing season, already in progress cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Previous

Return to Outdoor Line News and Announcements