30lb + Nookie

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

30lb + Nookie

Postby Dawgfan54 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:35 am

55 years old next year and still in search of the Tyee.... bangheadwall

Where and when would you go if you wanted to take that off the bucket list.

Without breaking the Bank < 5k. cheers
Dawgfan54
Pollywog

Re: 30lb + Nookie

Postby Nelly » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:08 pm

The most fish I've seen up around the 30 mark the last three years has been in Haida Gwaii, also known as the Queen Charlotte Islands.

Yes we work with them and yes we've conducted Listener Trips there but here's where the rubber meets the road: I spend a month in southeast Alaska every year and for the last four seasons the biggest chinook I've personally caught and seen have been in WestCoast Resorts Englefield Bay and Hippa Island locations.

We've already set the dates of our Listener Trips for 2018

Fathers day trip at Englefield Bay , June 17 to 20 $ 3495.00 USD

2nd annual Coho Derby Hippa Lodge Aug 26 to 29 $3495.00 USD

Even though the Hippa Trip is a "coho Derby", there are PLENTY of big chinook around.

Here's a couple of blogs I've written describing both locations and experiences:

Englefield Bay: http://www.theoutdoorline.com/blog/post/2016/07/08/englefield-again-provin-it.aspx

Hippa Island: http://www.theoutdoorline.com/blog/post/2016/12/14/hippa-island-helijets-and-huge-coho.aspx

Here's hoping you can join us but please know that both of these sold out last year.
See you in Haida Gwaii! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: 30lb + Nookie

Postby Dawgfan54 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:03 am

Thanks Nelly, as always prompt and informative I really do appreciate you taking the time to sit down and take time to help a brother out rockon
Dawgfan54
Pollywog

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion