Area 9 Hali's

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Area 9 Hali's

Postby Bowfinger12000 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:43 pm

As many of you I am stoked for May! Ling's, Shrimp and But's all open up here in PS. My question here is for the May 4th Hali opener and Area 9. For many reason's I am only allowed to fish Area 9 but my wife will be joining me which I am stoked! Kids in school and mom n dad fishing thumbup I know it's not the hotspot like Neah Bay, La Push, or even Sekiu but it is what it is and I'm guaranteed nothing sitting at home. IF the weather allows am I better to run to Admiralty or would Mutiny be better? Or is there another spot I should target? Dallas might be a stretch but not out of the realm. I live in Hansville and have a launch a mile from the house w/ a 24' boat powered with my dreamy 225 E-tec. Thanks all and tight lines!!
Bowfinger12000
Pollywog

Re: Area 9 Hali's

Postby MisGuided1 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:17 pm

You won't have as many friends at Admiralty as you would at Mutiny. In my opinion that increases your odds. The further East you go the better for a chance at a Hali though. The Eastern Straight Banks will produce better than Mutiny or Admiralty, but are more susceptible to weather. Good luck!
MisGuided1
Pollywog

Re: Area 9 Hali's

Postby Nelly » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:02 pm

I agree, Mutiny Bay will be busy but, the less time you spend running to a spot, the more time you're going to have to keep your gear in the water.
Maximize your fishing efforts and you'll be rewarded! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion