San Juans on Wednesday Dec 21

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

San Juans on Wednesday Dec 21

Postby Oysters and Beer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:57 pm

Guys we are headed out on Wednesday 12/21 and wanted any insights for location, gear, etc? Launching out of WA park and were going to start the morning at Eagle Bluff/Tide Pt. You had the winner on last week from the Friday Harbor derby and he mentioned they were on northside of Orcas.... do you know specifically if they caught the winner at Parker Reef or along the Waldron side president's channel? Any suggestions?
Thanks
Paul
Oysters and Beer
Pollywog

Re: San Juans on Wednesday Dec 21

Postby Oysters and Beer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Hey All,
I wanted to report back to all that we had a successful day fishing Wed. cheers cheers cheers Fished Eagle Bluff/Tide point daylight til 1pm and we had six fish total with two hatchery keepers. One 11 lbs and one 6lbs then the rest were native and released. We had a tried herring, Coyote spoons and then finally put on a Coho Killer and that was the ticket! The smaller bait caught both fish the 6 lb fish on a Cop car and bigger fish using Irish Cream. Per instructed by Nelly and Robo we hugged the bottom and found the fish and lots of bait on the Lowrance.
Cheers and Happy Holidays!
Oysters and Beer
Pollywog

Re: San Juans on Wednesday Dec 21

Postby Nelly » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:40 am

Well, I'm glad you got them and I'm bummed that I didn't get a chance to check in with you prior to your trip.
Tide Point and Eagle Bluff on the west side of Cypress Island is just a wonderful place to spend the day as Tide will produce on the ebb and Eagle will fish on the flood and ebb.
Again, congrts on your day in the San Juans and Happy New Year! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion