New Member Introductions

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

New guy here

Postby Shaft » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:22 am

Hey guys I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. Live in spanaway, got a alumaweld 202 Blackhawk. Been fishing all my life but am still getting used to the sound. Had a good summer out of WP this year and hope to slay some blackmouth soon. I'm 30 yrs old and married with no kids (so I got lost of time for fishing). Always willing to fish rain or shine. Got a older brother that runs charters out of Newport, OR and try to plan my every weekend around fishing. Been in the army for 9 yrs and will possibly be moving to Alaska this spring to be a damn recruiter, but will be nice for fishing. We'll just want to say hello to all with this quick introduction.
Shaft
Pollywog

Re: New guy here

Postby Nelly » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:50 am

Welcome aboard Shaft!
Looking forward to sharing information with you! thumbup
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Wishn » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:25 am

Wishn here

I live and fish in SW Washington. There is always something to fish for so tend to stay close to home.

Fish story
I am just starting to have a new boat built and hope it is as great a boat as the boat my father purchased in 1972. 16' Starcraft supersport. Dad purchased it at the Boat show. I remember the first trip out. Dad, Mom, friends and myself out on the Columbia for a shake down cruise. Nice sunny day. After touring for awhile Dad stops at shore for a break. We had brought Salmon rods just in case. So while we are stopped, Dad's friend and I toss out a couple Spin glo's with 4-5oz of lead and within a few minutes fish on. Approximately an hour or so later we are headed back towards the ramp with 3 Springers. In 40plus years of fishing the Columbia nothing has ever topped this trip.

Happy fishing to all
Wishn
Pollywog

Postby fish4fun » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:44 am

Hi,

New guy to this forum, have been on most of the other fishing and hunting forums. Born and raised in Washington, grew up fishing and hunting and have kept that lifestyle alive every year. I have a custom 21' Weldcraft inboard jet that was built in 1999. The boat is known as "FISH 4 FUN", and has been from Hells Canyon to the Ocean and pretty much everything between there. We fish for steelhead, salmon, sturgeon, halibut, and ling cod. We also hunt deer, elk, duck, and geese. I spent 11 years guiding for sturgeon on the Columbia, now the boat is just used for family fishing and crabbing. Hope to add to the conversations on this forum. thumbup
fish4fun
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:42 am

It's good to have another Weldcraft owner on board!
Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences! Thanks for joining our little Forum!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Robbo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Hey I know that guy! Welcome aboard Jim thumbup
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby cabincreekadventures » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Lifelong resident of Washington State and have a great passion for our outdoors and enjoy being around others who share that same desire.
My deepest passion outside of my family is serving those who served us. Our Nations' Veterans deserve far greater than we can ever repay.
I take it as a great honor to assist Nellie and Robbo in helping out with their Salmon for Soldiers fishing event. Without their vision and direction, it would have never become a reality. I am sure proud to call them friend!
Our boat is a Hewes 200 ProV called Salmon Dreams. Hope to see you all out on the water..... thumbup
cabincreekadventures
Pollywog

Postby onwhiskeycreek » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:09 pm

We retired 5 years ago and moved to Hollis on Prince of Wales Island from Whiskey Creek Beach on the Olympic Penninsula, we now live here full time. Just after we moved here they came threw mapping and we were able to name the creek next to our cabin Whiskey Creek, so here we are again. We have a cabin on the beach we live in and one guest cabin, the road is underwater at high tide. We love adventure of all types and are always up for the next one. There are a variety of different boats from power to paddle, what ever the next adventure requires we are ready. We have a 26 Olympic that we keep moored in Klawock, "Fish'n Fever" for the outside waters. On this side of the Island we keep an old 28 Alumaweld Jet boat "Stretch" that is moored in front of our cabin and a beach skiff on a haul line. (sorry we don't do charters) I enjoy taking off in the kayak for a few weeks each year to get away and explore new areas. This summers plan is to paddle down to the South Prince of Wales Wilderness and Cape Chacon. We enjoy all kinds of fishing from Subsistance to Flies and everything in between. With the shrimping, crabbing and hunting we stay pretty busy, spare time is spent keeping everything running and cutting wood. Before we retired we spent most of our time running rivers, from the Grand Canyon to the Alsek. We were married on the Deschutes River where we met fly fishing and lived at Mecca Flats 38 years ago (or so). If your in the neighborhood stop by and say hello.

Gary, Linda and Luke the Newfoundland
onwhiskeycreek
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:45 am

Welcome aboard Gary and I sure know Whiskey Creek in the Port Angeles area!
Congrats on your move to POW and thanks for joining our Forum! thumbup
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby PST9 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:22 pm

Hello all.
My real name is Steve. I just recently heard about this board and had to jump in. I grew up fishing the Columbia and its tributaries near longview, WA. I've lived around Bellingham for almost eight years now and only got out on the sound with a few friends throughout the years. But that is soon to change, my father recently purchased a Kingfisher 2525. We'll primarily be fishing the north sound but will be doing some coastal fishing for halibut and maybe some salmon. Anyways, I look forward to sharing fishing stories and experiences with you guys. Any input on any boating equipment would be helpful, need to equip the new boat with just about everything. Thanks!
PST9
Pollywog

PreviousNext

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion