New Member Introductions

A general fishing forum to discuss, chat, or ask questions about all things related to saltwater or freshwater fishing. Image

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Nelly » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:46 am

Welcome aboard QC!
I love Whidbey Island and we're looking forward to your posts here on the Forums! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby HarperMA10 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 am

HarperMA10 here, obviously I live in the Harper area right on the water and my stomping grounds for fishing is MA10. I've only recently started obsessing over fishing, my wife calls it a disease (symptoms started 2 years ago). I have learned a ton from forums like this and religiously listening to Nelly and Robbo every Saturday morning.

OMG fish story:
My neighbor (Bill) and I were fishing right out front, off of Dolphin Point, and Bill hooked into a nice coho. The fish fought hard for about 5 minutes until it made a leap in the air, at which point the knot on the flasher decided to give...Bill lost the fish and his flasher and leader. thumbdown

:oops: Pissed he reeled in and begin thinking out loud with emotion about how 'that happened' :cry: . While he throws himself under the bus I spot the fish on surface of the water (or I should say I spotted the pulsing of a reflective flasher) only 100yrds from the boat. I gave Bill some hope and decided to turn the boat in that direction to investigate more. As we approach the winded silver, you can tell he is getting exhausted from dragging this flasher in the water. Once we get within 15 yrds he dove to deep for us to see him or the flasher.

...it's not over, Bill ties a new snap swivel to his mainline and rigs another flasher/leader setup. We begin to troll south along Vashon (after trolling what remained of the flood) we begin to head back on the slack. After half hour or more, I spot a couple crazy seagulls gawking at something on the surface of the water and I noticed a fin swimming in circles just under the surface. Immediately I yell to Bill and asked him what the chances were that his fish was still swimming around and it just so happened to follow us. So I speed up our troll and go investigate, sure enough, his flasher is still trailing behind this poor fish. This time this poor fish is super winded and I am certain we had a chance. So Bill grabbed the net as I maneuvered in the fishes direction; Bill (like an excited school boy)makes his way to the bow and eventually he netted his 12lb Coho and got his flasher and hoochie back! clap clap

That's a story I've told a million times because it's one of the few crazy experiences I have had, but I know with many years left to fish I hope to top it.

Tight lines everyone! cheers
HarperMA10
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:04 am

Welcome aboard HMA10!
Great story :shock:
Thanks for the post and I'll bet you've see a few fish and amazing sunrises over Blake Island!
See you on the water!! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Previous

Return to General Fishing Forum & Discussion