Anybody ever heard of this before?

Use this forum to discuss duck and goose hunting, pheasant and upland bird hunting, big game hunting, firearms, and ammunition.Image

Anybody ever heard of this before?

Postby Brandon » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:39 pm

I dont hunt but I saw somethin crazy in forks the other day that I gotta ask about. I was walkin back to my truck from fishin and I heard some dogs barking. I was overlooking this clear cut and down below I saw 2 guys and a few dogs that were going crazy. Ok here is the crazy part. One of the guys had a big 10 to 15 ft pole he was holding straight up in the air and what looked to be some sort of a hawk perched on top of it. I was watchin all this through my binos. The dogs would sniff out a trail then the bird would swoop down and it looked liked it would take out a rabit. I watched them get 2 rabbits doin this in about 15 min then left. It was the craziest thing!!!
Brandon
Metalhawg

Re: Anybody ever heard of this before?

Postby Robbo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:45 pm

No kidding...that's about the craziest thing I've ever heard. Musta been cool to watch Brandon...only in Forks man :D
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Smalma » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:15 am

Know several guys with falcons that use dogs to flush game birds (upland and waterfowl) while hunting with their birds. They usually they carry their birds on their arm/shoulder until the flush but sometimes you see the falcon in the air. Having the bird on the "post" is an interesting twist.

Curt
Smalma
Biologist Emeritus

Postby Brandon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:39 am

Walkin out of the woods to see a guy holdin a 15ft pole it the air with a bird on top of it....I thought i was going crazy. But it was actually really cool to watch.
Brandon
Metalhawg

Return to Hunting Camp Forum