West side Ducks & Geese

Use this forum to discuss duck and goose hunting, pheasant and upland bird hunting, big game hunting, firearms, and ammunition.Image

West side Ducks & Geese

Postby Dan Carney » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:15 am

I'm a little surprised I haven't heard any discussion on West side ducks & geese. I have been doing a little scouting here in Skagit County and things are starting to look good. I went out last Thursday just to discover my shooting is really rusty. Guess I need to go shoot some clays. I have talked to several hunters coming out of the fields and estuaries; they have been getting a few but no one I talked to limited out. I could have come close if I was a better shot. Weekday pressure has been pretty nonexistent. I only expect things to get better and better. That includes my wing shooting (grin).
L8R
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Re: West side Ducks & Geese

Postby Robbo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:02 pm

The reports have been fairly good from up there when the weather is chitty and it blows them off the bay. I miss, miss, miss living up there and being able to hit the fields every morning. If we get some really cold weather in the next month or so that place is gonna be polluted with northerns. It seems like the economy has less people waterfowl hunting these days, which might explain the lack of traffic. Double edged sword :|
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Dan Carney » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:43 am

You are welcome to come up and join me any time.
L8R
Dan
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby LisaMarie » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm new to Waterfowling in Western WA. I've been to mouth of skagit and hunted there that is about my limit of local knowledge. Would be cool if someone could point me in a direction to some more places that might getting me started in right direction. I have a 13ft Livingston boat and a small 12' Jon Boat. My 16yr old son and 2 yr old Chocolate Lab always makes the trip too. I have 4 days off and would be cool to find somemore areas to hunt.
LisaMarie
Pecker Trout

Return to Hunting Camp Forum