Elk?

Use this forum to discuss duck and goose hunting, pheasant and upland bird hunting, big game hunting, firearms, and ammunition.Image

Elk?

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Has anyone been out elk hunting on the east side of the cascades? I have a buddy over near Tip Top Mountain SE of Casmere and he has been hiking around since opening day and hasn't seen anything. We are hoping to swich gears and pick a new spot to finish out the week. Any suggestions?
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Re: Elk?

Postby Robbo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:25 pm

He's on Tip Top Mountain 'eh...interesting shhh

Probably more elk a little higher up on the pass outahere
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:15 pm

Well, we ended up going a little higher up towards Blewett pass. We couldn't locate any sign and a prospector told us the elk moved out and that he had seen them N of Ellensburg. We went back to Mineral pass since that is where we saw the most sign during deer season before finally going N. of Ellensburg for the last 2 days of the season. It was there where we saw the freshest sign but just not enough time to catch up with them.

We did see a lot of country and a cougar (didn't have my tag) and for my first elk hunt I felt pretty successful just getting out there and getting started.
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:10 pm

Elk hunting is so tough, especially when the weather is so darned nice. Need some snow to drive'em down. Good to get out there man and next time don't forget the cougar tag. Too many of those critters around these days tommygun
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to Hunting Camp Forum