Ravenwood Lodge - Topeka, KS

Use this forum to discuss duck and goose hunting, pheasant and upland bird hunting, big game hunting, firearms, and ammunition.Image

Ravenwood Lodge - Topeka, KS

Postby drake22 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:36 pm

if you have ever wondered what hunting pheasants is like in Kansas I can now attest that is pretty much like hunting in similar places across the Midwest. I had the pleasure of joining Scott Linden (Wingshooting USA) and representatives from Filson, Cabela's and Happy Jack on a 2-day hunt at Ravenwood Lodge and let me tell you...I highly recommend Ken Corbet and his crew. This was a preserve hunt just to let you know so limits are generous. A natural population of pheasants and quail is supplemented with fast flying/running pen raised birds for a hunt of a lifetime. They also have hunts for chukar, turkey, deer, duck, prairie chicken and goose! Your choice of pointing or flushing dogs, or bring your own. Great lodging is available at the Bunkhouse Lodge or treat yourself to the Mission Lodge, a rock and mortar home with updates that was built in 1863. In the down time they have a solid Sporting Clays course you can try your aim at and some of the best down home good cooking you will ever experience from ken's wife Bev. Personable, experienced guides round out the compliments. About 1.5 hours from Kansas City where there are plenty of sites and activities to take in as well. The Royals, Chiefs, a 220,000 sq ft Cabela's, a NASCAR venue, the WWI Museum (highly recommended) and of course incredible BBQ are all at your fingertips. http://www.ravenwoodlodge.com/
Don Fenton
Sales & Marketing Director
TruckVault, inc.
(800) 967-8107
donf@truckvault.com
drake22
Pollywog

Return to Hunting Camp Forum