Wyatt's Northwest Challenge Report!

Use this forum to discuss duck and goose hunting, pheasant and upland bird hunting, big game hunting, firearms, and ammunition.Image

Wyatt's Northwest Challenge Report!

Postby House » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:29 am

On the weekend of March 30-31, I, Wyatt Roetcisoender, participated in my very first shooting competition in the freezing rain and hail. I missed most of the thrown clay pigeons, but Bill Simmons helped me get the 71-72/200 of the doubles that changed every day of the competition. He supported me when I missed and I supported him when he (Rarely) missed. I started hunting two years ago when I was eleven years old with my Dad and Grandpa. We love to go duck and deer hunting. My father and I both practice by shooting hand thrown clay pigeons at our Dairy farm, so seeing how fast the targets moved at the competition was very surprising. We both had a blast (Literally) and we hope to do this again.

I’d like to start off with thanking Filson (Outdoor Clothing) for the warm and water-proof clothing that was given to me. Amy Terai helped me pick the right clothes out at Filson. They all fit me well and (as promised) were, indeed, water-proof, very warm, and comfortable. The carrier that hooked on to my belt was really convenient in the competition. In Seattle, I watched Filson make the clothes (not the exact ones that I wore in the competition) and It was a very cool experience. Even in that freezing rain, I felt prouder than heck to be wearing Filson clothing, the warmest, most dry, and comfortable clothing for shooting and hunting.

I must thank Bill Simmons, my shooting Ambassador/Partner, for all of the help and advice that I hope that I used wisely while I shot at the clay pigeons. When golf carts full of people asked questions, Bill would finish talking to me or any other person he was talking to before he’d leave. If I wasn’t having trouble, he’d congratulate me and leave me alone. If another person was having more trouble than me, he would go and help them. Bill was always positive even if he missed, and he kept everyone up in the spirits (happy). Bill told me a trick, imagine the clay pigeon in the middle of a clock and shoot in front of where it was heading (If the pigeon goes left, shoot 9:00). If it wasn’t for Bill Simmons, I wouldn’t have gotten my 42/100 on the second day of the tournament. I really appreciate being partnered up with Bill for my first shooting tournament.

I would also like to thank TruckVault. TruckVault paid my entrance fee for the tournament and I really appreciate that. The competition was hard, but because of TruckVault, I did not have to worry about paying the entry fee and I could concentrate on having fun and doing my best. What TruckVault makes is a mechanism that comes out of the back of the truck (In the Truck bed) and it slides out so you don’t have to get up and get the heavy equipment out by hand. I can see that it would make it very nice to haul all your hunting gear using this equipment.

Since my father and I love to bird hunt, we like to throw trap up and then shoot them. We have always wanted to be involved in a shooting competition. The course at the Seattle Skeet and Trap Club (SST) was really challenging. Instead of my dads’ hand thrown, the skeet were going what seemed like 90 mph left, right, up, and down. The place where the competition was being held offered golf carts to drive around the 15-course-track. I could tell that everyone was there to have a good time and not just to win and get the prizes and the cool trophy. The Seattle Skeet and Trap Club offered the best deals for boxes of shells, and the course was really cool. Instead of the usual 13-single skeet, they had doubles that changed every day of the competition.

I would also like to thank the Outdoor line talk show for buying my shells. Second to my shotgun, that was the biggest thing that I needed for shooting the clay pigeons. They even talked about me on their radio channel (710 am Kiro). Therefore, I must thank Rob Endsley for all of the needed shells.

Finally, I want to thank Filson, Bill Simmons, Amy Terai, Outdoor Line Talk Show, Rob Endsley and Truckvault for everything I needed for the shooting Competition. I appreciate the opportunity to represent all of your companies; it was an honor and a very exciting experience for my first shooting competition.

Sincerely,
Wyatt James Roetcisoender
Age 13
Carnation, Washington
House
FYI

Re: Wyatt's Northwest Challenge Report!

Postby Bucket » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:51 am

Keep at it kid. Shootin is mostly eye work and timing gat that down and your golden!
Bucket
Pecker Trout

Postby Robbo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:53 am

We're happy to hear you had a great time in the event Wyatt rockon

You'll have to get uncle Ray Ray to help you post up some photos here on the Outdoor Line. It'd be fun to follow your shooting and hunting exploits over on the farm buddy boy thumbup

Keep up the good work Wyatt thumbup
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Ray G » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:11 am

The Outdoor Line just bolstered a young hunter into the world of sporting clays! I think this defiantly hooked the young fella on the whole idea of competitive shooting. Here are a few pics of the weekend.

Truck Vault.jpg
Truck Vault.jpg (36.09 KiB) Viewed 11037 times

The shot.jpg
The shot.jpg (43.91 KiB) Viewed 11037 times

Filson.jpg
Filson.jpg (38.68 KiB) Viewed 11037 times

Bill with a little hands on coaching..jpg
Bill with a little hands on coaching..jpg (31.27 KiB) Viewed 11037 times

Bill observing Wyatt.jpg
Bill observing Wyatt.jpg (51.62 KiB) Viewed 11037 times
Ray G
Pollywog

Postby drake22 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Great work Wyatt, sorry I missed you shooting in this event but I heard you represented TruckVault well. We have a hat for you that I do not believe got delivered too you so we will connect on that end. Again thanks so much for all who helped make Wyatt's first competitive shoot a successful one!
Don Fenton
Sales & Marketing Director
TruckVault, inc.
(800) 967-8107
donf@truckvault.com
drake22
Pollywog

Postby Jason R » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Thanks Rob, this last weekend was a great opportunity for Wyatt and meant alot to both of us. I had many proud dad moments wyatt listen to Bill and improve his shooting. We met some fun people I hope to see again. Wyatt has been wanting to get involved in a shooting sport in the off season. It is funny being known not as Jason but " oh your Wyatts dad". Thanks, Jason
Jason R
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Wyatt's a stand up young man that represented himself well at the event. You should be a proud pappa Jason thumbup

I have a feeling this won't be the last we see of Wyatt in shooting events or hunting in the field. Keep up the good work you guys thumbup
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Return to Hunting Camp Forum