Archery Target

Use this forum to discuss duck and goose hunting, pheasant and upland bird hunting, big game hunting, firearms, and ammunition.Image

Archery Target

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 am

Can anyone recommend a good target for stopping arrows from a compound bow at 10-15 yards?

My target has finaly given up the ghost after 20 years of abuse.

I'll be using this target on the side of my house or even in the garage for conditioning so the ability to stop the arrows dead is key. There are so many to chose from these days. The one I had was a burlap sack with tightly compressed shrink wrap stuffed inside. It was fairly cheap but did the job perfectly for 20 years until the burlap broke down from over used in the wet and rain. I can't seem to locate the same target online.

Thanks all
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Re: Archery Target

Postby Jadeo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:45 am

Garbage sack and a can of great stuff.(spray foam)
Jadeo
Pecker Trout

Re: Archery Target

Postby BothellBikeGuy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:10 pm

So I found the company that made the target that just fell apart. Remember that I bought that old target 24 years ago in San Diego. It turns out that target was specifically designed for Kenmore range – the walk through course I now use once a month. They are a company in Tacoma called Ames Industries and were founded by John Ames, since passed on, who lived right behind or near Kenmore range and is well known there. A new target is $29.95, including shipping. This is definitely the best price and I know it will last if I keep it out of the rain.
BothellBikeGuy
Pollywog

Return to Hunting Camp Forum