Midchannel Friday Morn

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Midchannel Friday Morn

Postby Nelly » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:01 pm

With the forecast lookin' puffy on Saturday, we decided that we had better take advantage of a flat Friday forecast and an early morning high slack that we hoped would get a good 'ol Midchannel ebb tide bite going... We cut the lines at first light and had time to try a traditional flood spot with no luck so, it was time to run for Port Townsend!

That proved to be a good call as we had a couple chances on our first pass putting a decent one in the box!
IMG_1715 (Small).JPG
IMG_1715 (Small).JPG (68.9 KiB) Viewed 12888 times

My friends Lance Kent and Wayne Johnson put a couple more in the boat and just like that, we've got a limit!
IMG_1721 (Small).JPG
IMG_1721 (Small).JPG (106.6 KiB) Viewed 12886 times

Back at the Port of Everett, we cleaned our catch and were stunned by the amount of needlefish that these blackmouth were gorging on!
Bellyfull (Small).png
Bellyfull (Small).png (254.63 KiB) Viewed 12888 times

Not a huge surprise then that the Coho Killers, Needlefish hoochies and Ace-Hi's we were running were getting repeatedly bit!
IMG_1724 (Small).JPG
IMG_1724 (Small).JPG (98.77 KiB) Viewed 12888 times

The hottest piece of gear? Without question, the spoon sweetened with Pro-Cure's Downrigger Dynamite was dominant!
IMG_1718 (Small).JPG
IMG_1718 (Small).JPG (138.36 KiB) Viewed 12886 times

With the weather warming and sandlance or needlefish present in Admiralty Inlet, we're in for a solid spring on the Sound! See you out there! thumbup
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Midchannel Friday Morn

Postby onwhiskeycreek » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:31 pm

So Nelly whats up with the new secret sauce from Pro Cure that has the Outdoor Line Down Rigger on it. Did I sleep through something? Looks like you had a great day on the water.

Gary
onwhiskeycreek
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 am

Hey "Creek!?
You're referring to Pro-Cure's Downrigger Dynamite which we collaborated on with Phil Pirone; the Patriarch of Pro-Cure.

For years the industry has been trying to catch up to Phil's proprietary blend of amino acid bite stimulants that is the backbone of Pro-Cure's legendary Brine -N- Bite herring cure.

All Robbo and I did was suggest that this same technology should be available to the gear angler in the form of a baitfish scent and that was the idea behind this blend of herring, anchovie, sardine, UV and the aforementioned amino acids and BOOM! you've got DOWNRIGGER DYNAMITE tommygun

This is the first product bearing the logo of The Outdoor Line and if we didn't honestly believe it to be an effective product, we would have not lent our name to it.
Give it a drag....It will get you bit! cheers
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby Salmonhawk » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:42 pm

I can attest to the power of the Downrigger Dynamite! All I know is that when I use it, I seem to be the only one getting bit.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby Nelly » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Badumbum gears
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Fishing Reports