Lake Sammamish

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Lake Sammamish

Postby pcorazao » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:33 am

I had a few hours to take a shot at Sammamish on Sunday afternoon, took my golden retriever Daisy out for a kayak ride. The lake was the highest I have ever seen, the south end beach next to the creek was almost completely submerged. Creek is still pumping lots of sediment into the lake. I was able to get a good look at that creek, and because it was flowing so hard I could see how it behaves once it hits the lake more than ever. From what I could tell, it almost flows like a river, blowing out almost to the weather station. I figured this is why maybe I catch more fish in that colder water in the summer at the south end of the lake. Anyway I hooked up on the sides of the lake real shallow, inside the buoys, I think most of the cuts have pushed up shallow to escape the blow out. 6ft down on lead core, chartreuse kokanee assassin tip with power worm and dick nite trout gel. The lake seemed to fish OK that day talking to other folks around the weather station and north. Tight lines.

daisy_small.jpg
daisy_small.jpg (17.59 KiB) Viewed 17114 times
Kayak Angler
pcorazao
Pollywog

Re: Lake Sammamish

Postby Nelly » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Thanks P!
How's the color of Lake Sam overall?
Still some decent visibility?
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby pcorazao » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:13 am

Its cleared up a lot, catching again, stick to the sides and north of the weather station. The fish are up top 6-10 ft and the afternoon bite is the best time to get em 1-2pm. Chartreuse green wedding ring tipped with worm and some trout gel will get it done. thumbup

Also, personally I pulled out a nice sized cut, and a few guys at the dock said they got some big ones also, the cuts have been eating well during this cold, wet, snowy winter with little pressure shhh .
Kayak Angler
pcorazao
Pollywog

Postby pcorazao » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:46 am

Got out Saturday, to my surprise it was sunny, a lot of wind, but managed to find them. They seem to be stacked up on the west side of the lake about .6 mile from the boat launch. They are big and biting! 12ft deep, two colors, green wedding ring, tip with worm, dicknite trout gel.

sammamishtrout_small.jpg
sammamishtrout_small.jpg (36.99 KiB) Viewed 16949 times
Kayak Angler
pcorazao
Pollywog

Postby pcorazao » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Fished on 3/25, the cuts are active!

peteanddaisy.jpg
peteanddaisy.jpg (81.71 KiB) Viewed 16865 times
Kayak Angler
pcorazao
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Nice work P!
Is Sammamish clearing up any?
I'll bet that we're a couple sunny days away from the temps in that lake budging up a couple degrees thumbup
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby pcorazao » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:46 am

The water has gone back to normal high, and no longer over folks docks and into the back yards.

The water is not chocolate milk, not super clear, just a healthy green.

That lake is currently fishing as good, keep the bait in the top 10-15ft (two colors of lead core) any deeper and your missing them (probably due to water).
Kayak Angler
pcorazao
Pollywog

Return to Fishing Reports